Please make every effort to be on time every day. Good attendance is essential for school success. Parents can help by promoting punctuality and regular attendance. Medical appointments should be scheduled outside of school hours or on non-school days. The parent must call the school as soon as possible if a student is absent from school. If the school does not receive a call or note from the parent, the school will notify the parent that the student is not in school. High schools have an automated phone notification system.
EXCUSED absences include:
- Illness or quarantine
- Funeral attendance for an immediate family member
- Court subpoena of the student
- Medical appointment of the student
- Religious holiday
- Illness of the child of a teen parent
During excused absences, students will be allowed to complete assignments and tests that can be sensibly provided and completed in a reasonable period of time with full credit.
UNEXCUSED absences include:
- Family vacation on days when school is in session
- Late more than 30 minutes. Three late arrivals are considered truant.
- Personal reasons such as moving, car breakdown, family illness, etc. A principal may excuse an absence under some circumstances.
- Truancy - ditching or cutting class.
- Uncleared absence with no contact from the home
- Family vacations need to be scheduled for non-school days. These absences are unexcused if they occur when school is in session.
After 10 days of consecutive uncleared absences, a student may be dropped from the school in which he/she is enrolled and could be at risk of losing his/her classroom assignment or place at the school.
Saturday Academy will be held periodically for those students who have missed one or more days of school during the school year. Students will be able to participate in a variety of enriching and exciting activities, such as arts and crafts, math games, writing and bookmaking, reading games, Readers' Theatre, Accelerated Reader and quizzes, science videos, intervention packets for English Language Arts and Math, and physical education. Brunch will be provided free of charge at 10:00 a.m. for all children who participate. We will be able to have two classes with twenty seats in each class, which will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Be the first to return your completed forms so your child can benefit from this wonderful learning experience at Citrus Glen Elementary School. Know, too, that you are also helping improve our Average Daily Attendance rates. No bus transportation will be available for students.